3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error message on query exit (Access 2000)

When I attempt to exit my query, I get this message: "This Action will reset the current code in break mode. Do you want to stop running code? To halt the execution of the program so the module window can be closed, select Yes. To leave the code in the current state, select No." The only way to exit the query is then to go back to design mode and than exit. How do I correct this? Previously I had written some update queries. I noticed this error message after the update queries were written. Thank you.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Error message on query exit (Access 2000)

Are you running your queries using VBA? It sounds like it - otherwise some rogue code is being executed that you are unaware of - if it's a small database you might try posting it so we can sort out what is happening. Otherwise give us some additional details about how the query is being executed.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I actually wrote some of the queries in SQL then switched back to design mode. However, I emailed the data base to myself and the error message did not appear. What bothers me is I didn't do anything to correct the error, so I am expecting the error message to return. Right now, no more help is needed. Thank you.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

It doesn't sound like you should have any code running. Do you reference any user functions in your query? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.
    Wendell