New Lounger
    Thanks

Number of address lines (Word 2002)

I need to print 5 address lines on an envelope, but from Tools/Letters and Mailings/Envelopes and labels I highlight all 5 lines but when it prints it misses the last line. As this is the country it would really confuse the Post Office. Can anyone help me? I'm running under XP home and use a 2 line return address.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Number of address lines (Word 2002)

Hmmm, I just tried it and it let me print five lines. Are you sure you have correct size envelope selected? Not sure what you mean by "highlight" all 5 lines, but if you just type in the 5 lines with the correct envelope size, it should work if your printer supports it.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thx Bill
    Since your post I have experimented. Normally with the font I use (Hanshand) I use 18 pt. This time I let the address default to 12 pt, this appears to be the answer to my problem, it now prints all 5 lines. I suppose that my next try should be to up the points on my normal.doc and see if it will print 5 lines at the changed value.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Jim:
    I don't have Word 2002 to test, but I would be surprised if it wouldn't print all 5 lines with 18 points. In the past, the recipients address uses a style called Envelope Address. That style contains a frame around the address which expands to hold additonal lines...& it expands by the top line moving upward.

Instead of printing your address, choose Add to Document (from the Envelopes & Labels dialog box). Switch to Print Layout view if you're not already there & then see what style is being used. See if a frame surrounds the address. The top of it should move up the envelope as you add lines.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thx Phil
    That is the answer, there is a frame and I am able to drag it larger. I now get 5 lines at 18 pt. Why can't Microsoft say about this somewhere, or am I being too harsh because I haven't found it!!
    Thanks again.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Jim:
    You might want to double click on the frame boundary & see how the frame is set up. The width should be set to an exact amount. The height should be set to "at least". That way it expands. If you want all your documents based on normal to have this, then once you modify it in a document the way you want:

1. Position the cursor in the Envelope Address style.
    2. Click in the style box & press Enter. A dialog box should appear asking if you want to update the style. Answer yes. (Hope this still works in Word 2002).
    3. Then go to Format/Styles (or it's equivalent in Word 2002), click on the Envelope Address style in the style list, then Modify.
    4. Click the box that says Add to Template & that will add the style to the attached template.
    Cheers,