Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISO Files

Thanks

ISO Files

I hasd asked some variant of this question before I think... but the answer I thought would work (after a WOPR search) didn't, so...

I downloaded an ISO file from www.ultimatebootcd.com/, for as the name implies, the Ultimate Boot CD...

I was unable to expand or open it in Nero, and copying it to a cd was, as expected, worthless...

Anybody else try it? How? Results?

REALLY would like to get this to work...

Regards,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Administrator
    Thanks

Re: ISO Files

Chuck,
    Nero will burn ISO images. You can't just copy the image to CD you've got to use the appropriate option in Nero. I use Roxio sorry I can't be more specific.

Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

To burn an ISO file from Nero you should skip all the wizards and select "Burn Image..." from the file menu. This will display a dialog box for you to select your image file.

StuartR

Thanks

Stuart:

I did that ... I thought ... but the image burned as one, whole (un-able-to-boot) file to the CD.

Regards,
    Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

This has worked for me in the past, if you really did that then I suspect that you have a non-bootable ISO image. When you mount the CD that this created what do you see? If the only file on the CD is the ISO image then you hav/e not burned it correctly.

StuartR

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As Stuart suggested, maybe you either didn't do the burn correctly or the ISO image you downloaded might be bad. Which link on that (somewhat confusing) page did you click to get the image from and I don't mind "wasting" a CD to see if I can get it to work? I'm in the process of downloading from one of the links now, so it'll be later this afternoon before I get to try the burn. More later.....

Edited to add: I downloaded the ISO file from the "Stefani Patricia Banerian" link and when I right-click it and check properties, the size is 106,889,216 bytes. How does your downloaded ISO file compare?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Chapter 2. OK, so I lied - I couldn't stand the suspense, so I went ahead now and burned the disc. What I got is in the clip attached. BTW, the Autorun file opens an HTML file showing the documentation on the disk. And you?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Al:

All I get is a single file... but it worked (before, read "some time go")), so I am totally frustrated, 'cause I am OBVIOUSLY screwing something up...

Chuck

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

OK, well first things first. Answer my question from the post previous - check the properties of your ISO file and tell me if it's the same size as mine. There is a possibility that your DOWNLOAD got corrupt and Nero won't do anything but "copy" the file to a CD. While I'm waiting, I think I'll put together a screen-by-screen scenario of the Nero ISO burning process on my end and see what I can do to get that to you, either here or via my web site. If your ISO file isn't the same size as mine, maybe you should download it again (I hope you're on a broadband connection). More later.....

Thanks

Al:

Mine is (106,889,216 bytes), so we got a match there...

Chuck

>Edited to add: I downloaded the ISO file from the "Stefani Patricia Banerian" link and when I right-click it and check >properties, the size is 106,889,216 bytes. How does your downloaded ISO file compare?

Thanks

Al:

Using "WinImage", I am able to list the files... appear the same as yours... must be some issue I have with the burn process, getting the ISO to expand within Nero, 'cause the file appears OK...

Chuck

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Well, that's progress, Chuck. I don't know if you want to try again at the risk of making another coaster, but meanwhile I'm gonna go through the process of making screenshots of each screen I see in Nero through the process and will post it here as soon as I can. BTW, my version of Nero came bundled with my burner and is version 5.5.10.42 for whatever that's worth. More later.....

Thanks

Al:

OK... my nero is 5.5.10.35, so we should be OK there too...

Chuck

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Turns out that I only have to go through ONE screen to start the burn process, Chuck. Be sure you click on the FILE command and then select BURN IMAGE. You should get a screen where you select the ISO file to be burned. Then there will be something like this, which is followed by the beginning of the burning process.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Al:

'Ppreciate the help... the cd burned great... I'm a bit nonplussed at my lack of problem-solving facilties...

Turns out the d--- cd doesn't boot the (my?) system anyway... set my cmos to boot from the cd, but it bypasses it and boots from the hard drive... settings work, since commercial cd's seem to work...

Oh well... thanks regardless... saved the instructs for burning as my brain seems to auto-clkear on an aging basis...

Regards,
    Chuck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast