Lounger
    Thanks

Error: 0x8007007e (Outlook 2000 Updated to now)

When I Send/Receive in Outlook 2000 the following message appears in the Details/Errors window:

An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work & restart the program. (Account: `Mymail Net', SMTP Server: `smtp.mymail.net. Error Number 0x8007007e.)

From the Internet I have found that this error is related to Windows Update failure during the updating process. This error occurred on my computer on 20th April last after I had updated earlier in that month.

Can any one offer me advice on dealing with this error please?

Malcolm Walker

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error: 0x8007007e (Outlook 2000 Updated to now)

I thought having asked the question that I hadn't done enough to resolve the problem & I had another browse on the Internet. I found a mention of updating the Office suite sometimes causing difficulties. So I reinstalled SR1a & all is well once more.

My thanks to those who read my first post.

Malcolm