Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    543
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Problems after loading SP1 (XPHome)

    I have recently commissioned a new hard drive which entails loading XP. Everything was working just fine until yesterday when I decided to do an update check only to be informed that I needed to load SP1 which I had forgotten to load.

    Downloaded and installed SP1 from the M$oft site. Everything seemed OK until I tried to send some emails. It appears that my POP account has been disabled by loading SP1 and I can't seem to get it working again.

    I seem to remember there being a patch for SP1 that came out late 2003.

    Can anyone help?

    Cheers
    cheers

    Phil Carter

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    12,107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Problems after loading SP1 (XPHome)

    I think this is what you're asking about: KB826939 should be at this link (called Rollup). I downloaded and installed this rollup in October 2003.

  3. #3
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    543
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Problems after loading SP1 (XPHome)

    Cheers Big al.

    That fixed the problem

    Phil C
    cheers

    Phil Carter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •