Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error Message (Access 2000)

I am getting the following error message every once in a while when I go to enter a database. This database is a share database and is save as an mde file. I have to save over the file in order for the database to be repaired. It just started happening 2 days ago. The users are working and they get out and they can not get back in because of the message. Any help would be great. Microsoft's knowledge base had nothing. Thanks.

Record(s) cannot be read; no read permission on 'MSysAccessObjects'

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Error Message (Access 2000)

Are some of your users running either Access 2002 or 2003? That table only exists in 2002 and higher database formats. See <!mskb=282357>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 282357<!/mskb> or <!mskb=824258>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 824258<!/mskb> for an issue related to the Access User Security file. I also presume you mean several people are working with a single copy of the database stored on a server when you say it is a "share database" - we don't recommend that arrangement for a front-end as it means you have to get everyone out of the database in order to make a design change to a form or report. See our Database Splitting Tutorial for more details.
    Wendell

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error Message (Access 2000)

Thanks.

Some of my users are running with 2002. The database front end is stored on the network server but the back-end is on Oracle. Whenever I make changes to the database, at the end of the day I refresh what is on the network drive with what is stored on my develpment copy on my local drive. I read the database splitting tutorial and the only problem would be deploy the new version automatically. I have 3 users that use 2002 and I may have them changed to 2000. We are moving towards .net so I don't want to spend a lot of money upgrading to 2002 or having extra utilities.

Thanks.