3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

missing Address Toolbar (Windows XP Home Edition SP1)

I have never been able to display the Address Toolbar since I bought a new computer with Windows XP. I've attached a screen shot showing that I have selected the Address Toolbar, but it doesn't show up.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Well, sorry, I can't seem to attach a file in my submissions to Woody's, but I HAVE selected the Address Toolbar.
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: missing Address Toolbar (Windows XP Home Edition SP1)

To attach a file to a post, it must be less than 100 KB in size. A screenshot of a full screen will be far too large - you must edit it in Paint or another graphics program:
    - Select the relevant part of the image and copy/paste that into a new picture.
    - Save the new picture as a .png or .jpg file.
    Warning: if you preview a post, the attachment box will be cleared. You must specify the attachment just before posting.

About the missing Address toolbar: see if the links in this newsgroup post help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: missing Address Toolbar (Windows XP Home Editi

If you're sure you don't have the Taskbar LOCKED, you need to hover your mouse over the word "Address" and you should see the four-arrow "move" symbol. If you do, hold down the left mouse button and DRAG to the left. The address space should start appearing. This is one I don't use, but it's probably fitting if you make the Taskbar double-height. Let us know .....

Edited to add: It occurs to me that I should have said that MY toolbars are on the RIGHT end of my taskbar. If yours are on the left end, you may have to hold down the mouse button and drag to the right. This image is before and after the "dragging" procedure.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: missing Address Toolbar (Windows XP Home Edition SP1)

Thanks! The newsgroup hyperlink contained exactly what I needed. I clicked on "repair toolbars in Windows XP" and I now have my missing toolbar.
    I appreciate your help.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: missing Address Toolbar (Windows XP Home Editi

I probably didn't make myself clear about the missing Address toolbar. I meant the one in my Windows Explorer NOT the Address on my Taskbar.
    I do use that one, by the way, and find it very quick and useful.

I was able to repair my missing toolbar by taking the advice in an earlier answer to my request. Thank you for your suggestion.