Lounger
    Thanks

Notes Field in Contacts

Notes field (the text box at the bottom of the form) in Contacts truncates in printing. Where it truncates depends whether or not you apply a filter to the view before printing (Card Style print format). If no filter, Outlook prints more characters of the Notes field than if you have ANY filter on. However, some of my Contacts have extensive Notes fields and I have been unable to find ANY method, except printing them one at a time, which will print the entire Notes field (at least up to two pages worth, the longest one I could find to test). One at a time is no good for a filtered list with hundreds of Contacts. I want to print a filtered list with the entire text of all Contacts' Notes fields showing. Any idea where this parameter is set?
    Using OL98 under Windows NT 4.0 with an Exchange server. First posted this about a month ago. No responses of any kind. Still interested if anyone out there knows anything about this.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Notes Field in Contacts

I am also having the same problem. However, for me, is when I do an export or copy, the notes field entries get truncated.

Lounger
    Thanks

Well, it's nice to know that someone else has the problem. I've posted this repeatedly, but the results so far have been zero. None of the experts seems to have anything to offer.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Do you know if this is an Outlook Limitation per se or is it a bug?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hmm. I couldn't find anything on this. I don't have extensive notes in my contacts so I can't test it. Would you consider using Access for this? You can set up a linked table to your Outlook folders and have all of Access' capabilities. When setting up the link you would set the file type to Outlook(). You can also do this with Exchange()