Star Lounger
    Thanks

Signature - Advanced Tools (2000)

When creating a signature in Outlook, I want to insert a logo. I can't paste it right into the signature, and there doesn't seem to be an area where I can insert it.

I've gone into advanced edit to complete this task - and that opens up in Notepad. Is there anyway I can reset this to open up in Word or Front Page as it does on my home computer?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Signature - Advanced Tools (2000)

Make sure in File Explorer that RTF and HTM files are associated with Word.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

In addition to what <!profile=JohnBF>JohnBF<!/profile> suggested, there are, in fact, three signatures prepared when you "create" one: Plain Text, Rich Text Format and HTML. They all live in something like Documents and Settings[username]Application DataMicrosoftSignatures. The initial part of the name is the same in each case, but the extension is either TXT, RTF or HTML. You will need to have both "Show hidden files and folders" checked and "Hide extensions for known file types" unchecked under Start|Settings|Control Panel|Folder Options|View in order to access the files directly. HTH
    Gre

Thanks

Just insert some kind of marker in the file, such as *****LOGO HERE*****, save it, then re-open it in your favorite HTML editor. (You do have to navigate down the long path to the Signatures folder...) For best results, have the logo saved in the Signatures folder as a pre-compressed format, such as GIF, JPG or PNG, rather than trusting some other software to compress it for you.