2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

code behind a button (a97)

I have a customer activity form with a button (show customer activity for the past 12 months), when I click on it 1 of 2 things happen:-

1. If they have used us over the past 12 months my subform shows ok with the revenue for each month showing, even if they have only traded for 1 month in the last 12 it will show that and 0.00 in each of the other months.

2. if they have not traded a pop up box says 'this account has not traded over the last 12 months" with an OK button, however when I click the OK button I would like nothing to happen, as it is it shows my 12 month view with the #name? error in each of the monthly boxes. What code would you suggest behind the ok button to tell it not to show the 12 month view?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Steve

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: code behind a button (a97)

What does the Show customer activity button currently do (i.e. what is the On Click code now)?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

I have called the people that own the database who won't or unwilling to tell me that and they say that they cannot stop it acting in this way. I am, as you aware, not very proficient with Access but having been dipping in and out of the forum for years for my own projects thought it would be possible to add something to the onclick event like onclick don't show subform whatever.

Is that over simplistic of me to think that?

Cheers

Steve

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I guess it would be possible, but without knowing the code that the button runs now, it is impossible to give specific advice.

Can you open the form that contains the button in design view? If so, select the button, then activate the Event tab of the Properties window. The On Click event will probably contain [Event Procedure]. If so, clicking in this event, then clicking the three dots ... to the right will take you to the Visual Basic Editor. The insertion point will be inside a piece of code starting with

Private Sub ..._Click()

and ending with

End Sub

You can copy this code to the clipboard and paste it into a reply.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This might solve the pronlem, without any need for more information about the code.

Add the response variable to the declaration section, then alter the line with the message box to something similar to what is below.

Dim response As String

response = MsgBox("The current message",vbOk,"The current title")
    If response = vbOK Then
    TheSubFormName.Visible = False
    End If

Hope this helps

Ian