Super Moderator
    Thanks

Where is the normal template for forms (Any version)

If I create an autoform on 6 different computers, each saying that they use the normal template, the 6 forms I get will all probably look different.

Some will that awful map of the world behind everything, and so on.

I know that I can use one of my forms as a template, an so replace the normal template with mine.

How can find the specifications of the normal template and change that? where is it?
    Regards
    John

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Where is the normal template for forms (Any ve

What I have just found out through some experimentation, is that if you apply an autoformat to an open form, then this autoformat gets used for all new forms created with autoform.

I still don't know how to find out what this is going to be, other that by creating one.
    Regards
    John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Doesn't it follow the template set in Tools-Options-Forms/Reports-Form template?

I've never worked out, beyond the default control properties, what settings are actually used from this template, and I've also had no luck in creating templates to be used in all databases, as the form and report specified in the settings above seem to need to be in that database, but I think that's where the settings are taken from, at least in Access2000

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The form and report templates in Access are very different from templates in Word and Excel. The ones you can set in Tools | Options are only valid in the current database.

The way to modify the defaults for all databases is to modify the AutoFormat options, in particular the Standard autoformat. The best way to do this is to set up a form or report the way you want it, then select Format | AutoFormat, select the autoformat you want (e.g. Standard) and click Modify...
    Select the second option (update <autoformat name> ...) and click OK.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Help in Access 2000 tells me that the options specified in Tools..Options..Form/Report templates :"applies only to forms that you create without using a wizard."

(I had forgotten this)

So autoforms and formwizard forms don't use the template at all, they always use one of the autoformats.

Funnny thing is that if I change the template in Tools..Options..Form/Report templates, the changes will apply throughout the current database (as Hans says). If I start a new one, my template name will still be shown in Tools..Options..Form/Report templates, but it will no longer do anything. The original normal will be used again.
    Regards
    John