Star Lounger
    Thanks

jpg resize for e mail no longer works (XP Pro)

I used to be able to resize jpg's for e mailing by selecting a photo in 'My Photos' then selecting the option 'e mail this file'. A small window then appeared giving me the option 'make all my pictures smaller' along with the possibility of selecting advanced options. This no longer happens as I'm taken direct to OE6. I don't think I've done anything to mess this up but I would be very grateful for help to restore this facility.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: jpg resize for e mail no longer works (XP Pro)

My experience with Windows Explorer in XP is that when you right click on a graphics file (BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG) the resulting menu offers you a "Resize Pictures" option and a very similar pane when you chose Send To => Mail Recipient. With TIF files you get neither option.

You were talking about JPGs - is there any possibility you might have been selecting a TIF file?

Just a thought...

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Star Lounger
    Thanks

John
    Thank you for that. They are definitely jpg's; I never use anything else. Right click on the file doesn't produce a 'Resize Pictures' option but the Send To=> Mail Recipient works fine with the option to resize.
    Bert

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I'm glad at least part of it works!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Heeey, wait just a milisecond, fellas! It came to me in a flash, as I was driving home a short time ago from my daily volunteer trip. I was listening to an old Mamas and Papas cut on the car CD and Bingo! Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP popped into my head. Visit this link and among all the other nice toys you oughta have is something called Image Resizer, which, if I remember correctly added the context menu selection. I use it all the time which is why I couldn't get off my mind that you didn't have it. Let us know if that gives ya what ya want.

(Everybody's getting fat, 'cept Mama Cass...) (Don't ask me what Mama Cass had to do with triggering my recollection - I'm old and there's no tellin' .....)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Al

You mean to say that you really can't see the obvious connection between
    Microsoft Power Toys for Windows XP
    and
    Mama Cass
    ?????

I'm staggered!

John

Clue: "Ev'rybody's getting fat 'cept Mama Cass" -- because she already was fat, and so is Windows (usually called bloated)! It also has the FAT file system!
    Yep! You are getting olde!!

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bigaldoc:
    Thank you also for that. Resizer has now solved the problem.