3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Blocking Rows within Data used by a Pivot Tables

I have to block certain data rows from my Pivot Tables for any number of reasons (e.g., the data may be incomplete for a new employee or an employee may have forgotten to record some key data). I can double click the name field to see whom I have blocked (they show up shaded) by scrolling down the names. But I would like the users to be able to see the names that are blocked without having to go through this. There must be some VBA code that can be written to do this. I am still a Novice at this VBA thing and would appreciate any help that I can get.

One other question. Is there a way to automatically prevent certain rows from showing up (i.e., blank rows or rows produced by employees who have left the Company and whose data are no longer of interest)?
    Thanks to you all.
    Stephen

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Blocking Rows within Data used by a Pivot Tables

Add a column to the data range (named, say, Include?) and put in No for rows which you do not want included. Add Yes to all the others.
    Expand the range of the Pivot Table to include this new column and take it in the Pivot Table layout as a page field. For this field, set Hide Item for "No".