Lounger
    Thanks

Send a link to an appointment? (Outlook)

Hello,

Our department was asked this question, but none of us have ever seen this/know about this, so I thought I would post it here and see if anyone does. Thanks in advance. Here is the request that we were sent:

"I'm asking around to see if anyone knows how to include an Outlook appointment in an email that can be imported into a readers own Outlook.

In other words, I've received emails for events that contain a link. I can click on that link and the event is automatically entered into my own Outlook Calendar."

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Send a link to an appointment? (Outlook)

I find that the easiest way to do this if you are on Exchange Server is to forward the appointment to the additional attendees; open the Appointment and select Actions | Forward. Otherwise the Appointment can be sent as an iCal item. You can also use Insert | Item to insert the item into a Message, and, there is a way to send a link to a Calendar item, I have seen my assistant do it, but will have to check with her to refresh my memory.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

My assistant has corrected me. She found that (at least, in Outlook 2003) if you drag your calendar folder to a message, it creates a general 'undifferentiated' link to your Calendar, not to a specific calendar Item, from which the recipient can then create an Appointment Item in your Calendar as if you were the originator. Not what you were asking for, but a neat trick anyway (and maybe a little dangerous).
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

How about: Actions > Forward as iCalendar