2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Frontpage SErver Extensions (Frontpage 98/2000/2002)

Hi there

Thanks

Re: Frontpage SErver Extensions (Frontpage 98/2000/2002)

Just to be clear about this, when you say "still see options referring to both FrontPAge Server Extensions and FrontPage Server Extensions 2002 IF I go to All Tasks for my new web, I am seeing both Recalculate Web and Recalculate Server Extensions 2002 Web. "
    Is this from the client system or when using FrontPage 2002 from the web server. And the same question about when you are creating email forms - is this from the client system or on the web server?

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi there,

When I refer to seeing both sets of options...one for FPSE2000 and the other for FPSE2002, I am seeing this on IIS on the web server and not from Frontpage on the server.

When I mentioned creating forms I have been trying to do this from frontpage 2002 on a client machine. Hope this gives you the details you need!

Thanks!

Thanks

For the error message when creating forms, just continue to do what you are already doing - disregarding it. It is more an informational message anyway, if you were using FP on the client machine to access a web stored on your web server, you wouldn't see it. You could install a web server on your local machine, but that seems like a lot to do to get rid of one annoying message.

You may find this <post#=96212>post 96212</post#>, from the Servers board to be useful, otherwise have you searched the MS knowlege base?

Cheers
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me Catharine. I have tried to ignore the error message and carry on regardless, and it will save the form into the Web. But when I try to run the form from a browser I see yet another error message:

FrontPage Run Time component Page - You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage SErver Extensions to function properly. This form or other Frontpage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the Frontpage server extensions installed.

Any further clues??

Thanks

Thanks

This must be when you are viewing the page from the client machine - again an error/informational message you can disregard. When you publish your pages up to the server the message should no longer appear. If it appears when viewed off of the server - that means that something is not right with your server extensions.
    WebGenii Home Page