Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Controlling the printer for reports (XP)

We use printers that allow automatic double-sided printing, and that's how we prefer to print most of our materials. In particular, we routinely print an Access report that we call a "training plan," and we always print this report double-sided. I've been modifying our forms so that we can now print a training plan for an individual student/employee by just clicking on a command button on a form. The user doesn't see the training plan in Print Preview, nor does she have to select File > Print > OK. This arrangement was working very nicely till this morning, when a training plan started coming out of the printer one-sided.

I checked the default printer settings via Start > Settings > Printers, and the default is Automatic Double-sided Printing. Then I opened the report in Design View and clicked File > Print...and I found the correct settings there, too! Nonetheless, the report still prints on just one side.

My obvious question: How can I use VBA to lock down the printer settings once and for all?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Controlling the printer for reports (XP)

If both the control panel and Access report that the printer is set for double-sided printing, I doubt that VBA will help. Have you checked the hardware settings of the printer itself?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Controlling the printer for reports (XP)

Hardware settings.... Well, I've read the documentation that came with the printer, specifically the section on double-sided printing, and I couldn't find anything there that helps. Besides what I can get to via Control Panel and the Print... dialog box, what else can I check (and where would I check it)?