m185945

Manual Check Name Process

After entering names in the TO: field I perform an Alt+K. The check-name process can return multiple entries for the same person (e.g., jane.doe@mail.com and Jane Doe fax). I understand why it does this but because I never use Outlook to fax anyone, these multiple entries just cause an extra click. In other words, because I only use the e-mail entry, I don't want Outlook to provide the fax entry too. Does anyone know how to force Outlook to provide the e-mail entry only when performing Alt+K during e-mail addressing?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Manual Check Name Process

Not sure this is what you are looking for, but one solution is to remove the fax details from the contact details. I have the same thing happen but have chosen to just ignore the fax numbers.
    Granville

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

We've looked at this pretty closely, and have not been able to find any way to prevent this from happening. The only thing we've been able to suggest to our users is using a different phone number field to store their fax numbers.

m185945

Thanks for trying. I think I've found a workaround and that is to use the PAB as my primary source for e-mail addresses and use the Contacts folder to store everything else. With the PAB I can exclude Fax entries and it's easy enough to add e-mail addrs from the Contacts folder to the PAB.