I set up a database results region based on an Access query that returns the text of a Memo field, prepended with a parenthetical containing some additional data. When displayed in the browser, only the first 255 characters come through.
The Knowledge Base didn't seem to list anything relevant under Frontpage 2000. Under Access 2000, various truncation problems are noted with exporting data to Excel. For example, when an expression creates text in excess of 255 characters, it does not export properly. The suggested workaround is to first append the data to another table, formatted as a memo field. (<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q207/6/68.ASP>Q207668</A>)
This was not particularly practical for me in this case, because FP's database functionality doesn't let me perform multiple queries directly. So, I added a column to the query and have to get someone to rejigger this page in FP (it is no longer published from my PC). Fun!