4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook & Windows XP Calendar Problem (2000)

Our network is almost entirely made up of Windows 2000 Pro workstations. Just two old W98's left. And our servers are all Windows 2000. Today I added our first Windows XP Pro workstation. On it I loaded Office 2000. On the network there is a shared calendar for vacations under the Public Folders. This user had editor rights to that folder. When she went to view the folder in monthly view the dates and times changed. For example, an all day event for Rose for June 13 through 14, changed to an appointment for Rose from 1 a.m . to 1 a.m. June 12 through June 15. What's with that? All of the items on this calendar are all day events. It effected all the items for the month previous on into the future. It did not effect items older than one month. I had to leave the shared calendar for a while, went in and fixed them all back to how they should be and changed her access rights to reviewer only. Then had her go back to the shared calendar. On her computer, the dates and times come up once again as expanded with start and stop times, but it didn't really effect the dates because when others view the shared calendar now the items are as theyu should be. It's like her monthly view is different and when she viewed the folder with editor rights to changed the items to match her view. But that makes absolutely no sense.

Can anybody help me with this one? I'm stumped.
    Daisy

Thanks

Re: Outlook & Windows XP Calendar Problem (2000)

Although there might be other reasons, we know this happens when the time zone settings are not a perfect match. Both the time zone and the daylight savings checkbox need to match between the computers.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook & Windows XP Calendar Problem (2000)

Wow, that worked. The XP desktop had the right time zone but didn't have the automatically update for daylight savings time checked. Thanks!
    Daisy