New Lounger
    Thanks

Updating Contact Field with Macro/VBA code (English/Outlook 2000 SP-3/VBA

Hello -

Synopsis: I am trying to take data that is stored incorrectly in a field for my Outlook 2000 SP-3 Contacts into the correct field. I have been able to isolate the data and read it in the VBA editor's Immediate Window. I know into which field that I want insert the data.

Problem: I cannot not seem to figure out how to get it from the VB procedure back into any Outlook field. Perhaps it is a security function, perhaps I am doing it wrong, Perhaps it can't be done.... Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to preserve the data quality without needing to edit over six hundred records.

Thank you in advance for any help or commiserations you can give.

John D

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Updating Contact Field with Macro/VBA code (English/Outlook 2000 SP-3/

John, there's several bits of code in the Outlook Forum designed to broadcast changes to Contacts, by <!profile=JScher2000>JScher2000<!/profile>, and <!post=this example,369478>this example<!/post>; search for code containing for example ContactItem objects.

A note: in Outlook, when you change a Contact Property, remember to Save each Contact record.

If you don't find what you need in the Outlook Forum, post back to this thread with your objective and code.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Updating Contact Field with Macro/VBA code (English/Outlook 2000 SP-3/

John-

Thank you for your help. It was as simple as needing to know about the .Save command. In all the examples that I looked at within the MS help files, I did fot see one that had that command, and as is often the case, if you don't know the answer you're looking for, it is not easy to find the right information in the help files.

Thanks again,
    John D