Thanks

Scanning Text (Office 2002)

I am searching for advice on scanning text documents. My question deals more with formatting than with scanning. The equipment I currently use (mid-price HP scanner with the scanner software) does a fairly decent job of scanning the text with few mistakes unless it is a bad original. However I spend of lot of time "cleaning up"... adding back in the tabs, paragraphs, etc. Woody's gang has been very helpful giving me pointers with that. My question now deals with the available technology. Is there technology (scanner and/or software) available that will maintain formatting (tabs, paragraphs, line spaces, etc)? If so, what and where?
    Thanks for all the help on these boards!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Scanning Text (Office 2002)

We're having better luck with OmniPage Pro V12 than we did with the HP OCR software. But I haven't seen any OCR software that produces picture perfect and also editable scans.

We still do a lot of global finding/replacing of extra paragraph marks, etc., in scans (using the marks in FIND-REPLACE-MORE-SPECIAL). But mostly we rely on a set of "customized-for-our-own-specific-needs" styles, long ago gathered into a global template and still saving us lots of time (which is money), for quick retro-formatting.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Scanning Text (Office 2002)

I have locked this post as it is a duplicate of <post#=372292>post 372292</post#>. Any further replies there please.

StuartR