3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Fontsize change not just for viewing (Firefox .8)

I just installed Firefox, and I have one (possibly embarrassingly elementary) question: I can make the text look smaller or larger by Ctrl+ or Ctrl-,
    but, when I print, I just get the same result anyhow, not one with smaller or larger fontsize. In other words, the Ctrl+ only gives a viewing effect,
    in the same way as "zoom" does in other places. How can I change the actual fontsize??
    Thanks,
    Yerubal

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Fontsize change not just for viewing (Firefox .8)

Addendum: I should have mentioned that one option is to go to Tools | Options | General | "Fonts and Colors"
    and change fontsize there, and OK it all. But, in IE, I can simply have a size icon on the toolbar, and choose size there
    without even specifying which font it is (which seems to be required in Firefox). Could it possibly be this stretched out
    in Firefox, each time???
    yerubal

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Fontsize change not just for viewing (Firefox

Edited by Bigaldoc to add URL code.[/i] See the Quick Guide. Note that your link does not work. Shortened to the top level forums link.

Just a thought. I suppose you have tried Firefox's own forum? They have been very quick and helpful whenever I have used them?

If you haven't, try http://forums.mozillazine.org

Regards

Richard

PS - since trying FF I wouldn't ever go back to IE 6.0 It is so fast and slick. The ability to use tabs is just brilliant

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Fontsize change not just for viewing (Firefox .8)

I really appreciated the recent and only response. But, yes, I have posted also in the Mozilla forum, two weeks ago, and no response. Since then,
    I have noticed several other very annoying deficiencies on the Firefox (version .8) printing behaviors. These are problems I've never had with IE,
    though I agree that FF is really attractive in various ways, including especially its speed and tabbing.
    I just posted once again in those forums, under the ID "gidweisz", and mentioned these. Sigh.
    yerubal

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Fontsize change not just for viewing (Firefox

Yours must be in the too hard category!! My feeble requests were answered in about 5 minutes!