3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Excel template (Excel 2000/2002)

Hi folks

I would like to take the Excel template I have created with all its toolbars, macros, etc. and save it to my home computer.
    It appears as if the Personal.xls template is attached, but I don't know how or where.

How do I go about finding this template? (similar to the Normal.dot template in MS Word).

Kind regards

Lynden

Thanks

Re: Excel template (Excel 2000/2002)

Not sure what you mean by "It appears as if the Personal.xls template is attached"

Personal.xls is a special workbook where you can store macros and functions you always want loaded. It gets opened whenever excel is loaded. (see <!profile=LegareColeman>LegareColeman<!/profile>'s Star<post#=118382>post 118382</post#> for a overview)

Templates in excel are different than word templates. Excel makes a copy of the template so future changes in the template have no affect on the workbooks created from the template. Changes to Normal.dot in Word, do affect new as well as the older files created from it.

Steve

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel template (Excel 2000/2002)

Go to Windows/Unhide to see the Personal.xls file. You can then save it to a disk.