New Lounger
    Thanks

2003 Viewer Doesn't Show Some Animations (2000 and above)

I created a presentation in PPT2002 that included having an object appear along a custom animation path. This displays fine when I view the presentation from within PPT2002. When I show this presentation using the 2003 Viewer, the object does not follow the custom path, but goes on a straight line from the starting location to the ending location. Are there any other known difficiencies in the 2003 Viewer?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2003 Viewer Doesn't Show Some Animations (2000 and above)

Well, there are some deficiencies in the 2003 Viewer, but this isn't one I've run across. Can you post the offending slide? I'd like to look at it.

Thanks

How well does the 2003 viewer support pre 2002 presentations?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Good question.

If you have a pre-2002 presentation (i.e., presentation was created in PPT 2000 or 97), it's best to use the old Viewer to show it. This means, of course, you'll have to convert any animated GIFs to AVI and avoid picture bullets, but the old 97 Viewer will show 97 and 2000 presentations much better than the new 2003 Viewer will.

Since the original poster was talking about a motion path, I assumed that the presentation was created in PPT 2002, as there are no motion paths available in PPT 2000. The 2003 Viewer should work very well for presentations created in both 2002 and 2003. But no, it isn't the best Viewer for a created-in-2000 presentation.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I brought up the offending presentation so that I could extract the offending slide, & now the Viewer is working just fine. Go figure? Sorry to bother everyone. I'll keep testing so that I can be comfortable that the Viewer will handle all of the new features that the old viewer wasn't designed to show.