3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Opens 2 copies of file (Word 2000 SP 3)

Am working with a dept that has an automated system using Outlook 2K and when the emails are opened the attachments print out automatically. (There may be some manual steps in here somewhere) Since yesterday Word and Excel open the attachments and then there is a flash of the screen and we see a second instance of the same file with the word (copy) along the top of the screen window.

Anyone ever encounter this or hear of a virus, corruption in one of the configuration files?
    I am about to check the helpful and famous "Systematic Approach" tip for Word but since Excel does the same thing I am more than curious and, as I am headed out the door to the airport, more than a bit stumped.

Thanks,

Jester
    I know enough to know I don't know enough

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opens 2 copies of file (Word 2000 SP 3)

Since this is happening with both Excel and Word attachments, it may be an Outlook problem more than an Excel or Word problem. And since you haven't received any replies in the Word or Excel forum, I will move this thread to the Outlook forum.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opens 2 copies of file (Word 2000 SP 3)

This issue of multiple copies being opened by Word and by Excel was resolved by a reinstall of Office 2K. There were a few fixes which sounded like they were addresseing similar issues but reregistering Word and Exce did not resolve the issue, nor did the solutions designed for a single file being configured for multiple windows. An over the top of the existing Office install fixed both Word and Excel.

-Jester
    I know enough to know I don't know enough