Super Moderator
    Thanks

Can't print anything

Yesterday morning when I turned on my computer, it didn't recognise the mouse. After much playing around, i eventually got the mouse working, but then it seemed a few other things didn't work either.

I still can't print anything. I have removed and reinstalled the printers, both as local and network printers. Each time the installation runs smoothly, but at the end when I try to print a test page, I get this message. I have been off to the troubleshooting page with no luck. The printers themselves are OK - Can print from other machines OK.

I have reinstalled windows over the top of my existing installation, and that didn't help.

This has happened to me before, and then I did fresh installation of Windows, after a hard drive reformat. Needless to say, this solved the problem.

I am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions I could try before that - as a fresh install requires hours and hours of work to reinstall all my other software.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Can't print anything

I have solved the problem.

I just remembered that some time ago I made my win.ini file ReadOnly. Once I removed that and reinstalled the printers all worked OK.

(I made itr ReadOnly because I have problems with viruses infecting it - Nortons AV detects the problem then tells me that it will quarantine the file - and suddenly it is gone.)
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't print anything

Thanks for sharing the solution, it would have taken a long time to guess that one!

StuartR