2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Crystal Reports Pics (XP )

Am trying place a photo stored in an Access database into a Crystal Report report. Whenever I set the field to be text in Access, the only thing that shows up on the report is the name of the .jpg. If I try to set the field to OLE or memo and since I am using a union query, I get the message 'Cannot use Memo, OLE or Hyperlinked Object field fldname in the Select clause of a union query'.

Is there someway around this?
    Thanks

Kim

Thanks

Re: Crystal Reports Pics (XP )

Sorry, I don't use Crystal, but if you've stored a file name in your Access database, it seems you need to insert it into whatever Crystal uses to display inline images. In HTML, of course, it would be [img]FilenameFromAccess[/img], but for Crystal, there might be some proprietary approach.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Crystal Reports Pics (XP )

Changed my sql to say 'Union All Select' instead of 'Union Select' which allows for duplicates but also it now accepts the sql when the field is set to OLE, Memo or Hyperlink.

However, If I use OLE as the data field in Access, nothing shows up in Crystal. If I change the datafield to either Memo or Hyperlink, then the file name and location show up (Dhotoskim.jpg) on the report.

Any ideas on how to have the .jpg show are appreciated.
    Thanks

Kim