New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook/Outlook express

I have been running Outlook 97 where I had created many contacts and jornal entries. I updated to Outlook Express for E-mail and clicked yes when asked if I wanted to import my address book info into O/E (at least I think it was only address book stuff). Anyway I have found that I no longer have any contacts in Outlook 97 and have lost everything that was in Outlook 97. Any ideas? I have tried importing an archive file but it seems to contain nothing, only empty folders.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook/Outlook express

search your drive for a file called *.pst. OE doesn't delete the contatcs from Outlook, so they are still there, somewhere.

also, don't import, just open the archive pst in outlook, see the file > open menu.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info, But I have tried opening a .pst file. All I found was a the normal list of personal folders, i.e. inbox contacts etc etc. However, everything is empty, no contacts to be found. The .pst file I found was about 1.4 MB so I thought it should be the right one but no luck.. I really want to get the stuff back. Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

use advanced find and see if it finds any thing. use it with blank conditions.

also be sure that the view is not set on hide read messages.