2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Making a distribution list by category (2003)

I would like to create a distribution list by creating a file based on a specific category of contacts form my contact list. Is there way to do this short of manual input one at a time?

Perhaps more specifically, I don't want to have those contacts that are in this category but do not have email addresses to end up in my distribution list. I tried doing a category view and then Actions, New dl but this results in a bunch of editing.

Thanks

Re: Making a distribution list by category (2003)

How about using the Advanced Find to filter both criteria (category and e-mail address) at once? I recall having some problems with the results list in the Advanced Find dialog not being as easily manipulated as doing a simple Find in the mail folder, but I think it still is worth trying.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This approach gives me a result of only email and category desired finds but I don't see a simple way to email to the resuting list. Maybe I'm overlooking something?

Thanks

I never create this sort of distribution list, but I thought there was a way to copy/paste or drag/drop a list of contacts to a DL. No? Sorry, I must have misunderstood some previous posts.

To send an email it would be better, 'though a bit clunkier, to create a new view (View>Current View>Define Views>New...) and set its Filter to the same criteria you used in your Advanced Find. This list offers you the full scope of the Actions menu so you can select all and mail.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That will work. Thanks.