New Lounger
    Thanks

OE6 greyed out, doesn't work (Win XP Home, IE6)

I have been trying to reinstall OE6, since it is greyed out on most functions and will not respond. Usually it comes up "off Line" and when trying to reinstall IE6, the procedure will not complete. I have tried the add/remove procedure without success, although the desktop icon appears. I have gotten messages such as the security signatures are missing, computer wants to get files from the internet (unsuccessful) and continue installation of IE6 (unsuccessful) and so on . IE6 seems to be operating ok. I tried to go back a month to restore, but that wouldn't work either. Can reloading a program be so difficult?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OE6 greyed out, doesn't work (Win XP Home, IE6)

Further to the OE6 problem. I was successful with a two week restore, and OE6 worked for a few messages and then reverted to its greyed out unresponsive state.

I have tried the registry changes to force reinstallation of IE6 and OE6, and it caused no change to OE--still unresponsive ( and it can only be removed from the desktop by the Task Manager of Windows.
    I tried reloading IE6 last night and it stopped at 87% of "Installing Internet Explorer 6 Web Browser" telling me the software has not passed Windows Logo Testing.
    I have gone back to my Eudora until I can get this fixed.