Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    2 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mobiledb (Palm database) conversion to Access 97

    I am currently using Palm OS based database software called Mobiledb on my PDA. It's database files use a .pdb extension. I want to switch to DataViz's SmartList To Go 3 product which is supposed to work better with Access 97 thereby giving me a bit more latitude in working with databases I use on my PDA. I'd like to know if anyone has any experience in converting Mobiledb databases to Access 97 format, especially if you used .csv format in the conversion process.

    The .csv file I get when exporting my Mobiledb only partially converts to Access 97 in that there are far fewer records in the exported (.csv) file than in the original Mobiledb file. When I set up an Access database ahead of time to (hopefully) receive the converted Mobiledb database records I get an error message that essentially says the fields were too large to place into the Access database (I thought Access would truncate any record fields that were too large).

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm even willing to copy & paste the info record by record if I have to but cannot figure out how to do it correctly.

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    84,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts

    Re: Mobiledb (Palm database) conversion to Access 97

    The MobileDB for Palm OS with MobileDB-Access version of MobileDB comes with a converter to and from Access.

  3. #3
    2 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Mobiledb (Palm database) conversion to Access 97

    Hans,

    Thank you very much for replying to my post.

    Yes, I remembered Mobiledb-Access after I sent my initial post. I already had it on my system so I opened it and used it. There was a problem in converting the Mobiledb file to an Access file, however. I believe one of the fields contained too much text. Again, I thought Access would truncate a field it found to be too large. So, the mission continues........

    Thanks again,

    -Steve-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •