Star Lounger
    Thanks

Where Art Thou O Extensions? (2000 SR-3/Win XP)

I am trying to install Visual Studio .Net 2003 on a laptop that is configured with Win XP and Office 2000. As this is a corporate-build laptop I had no control over its initial setup. I would like to install FrontPage Server Extensions, but can't seem to locate the proper download. I've traipsed around Microsoft's site, and the closest I have come is the FrontPage SDK, which didn't seem to provide info. on where to download the package. Also, several pages made reference to version 1.4 of FPSE, although links didn't direct me to a download location.

Can anyone provide me with a valid link to download FPSE 2000? Much appreciated!

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Where Art Thou O Extensions? (2000 SR-3/Win XP)

Sorry, JScher, the link seems to be obsolete (error 404). Any other possibilities? Thanks for the always-excellent assistance!

Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 19-May-04 18:05. Fixed error in my Lounge markup.)</P>Does this have it? Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions: Downloads for Microsoft Windows-Based Servers

Thanks

Whoops, if you had mouseovered, you would have seen there was an extra [/url tacked onto the end of the URL. I fixed it, so please try again.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, that link is one of my "favorites"...contains links to the "upcoming" (circa 2002) 1.4 release, which doesn't seem to exist (at least not as far as the link is concerned), contains a link to a security patch, and a list of OS's that pre-date XP (although I expect that the Windows 2K download would suffice). However, all links seem to lead in circles, with none clearly pointing to a download just for FPSE 2000. I'm sure I was able to download the files about 6 months ago, so MS may have deprecated that version, though it seems a bit early for that.

Thanks

Is it IIS that you are running as a web server?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes. I am following the installation instructions for the .Net Prerequisites from the MSDN Library. Everything is based on installation from a CD/DVD, but I thought I had recalled downloading the Prerequisites files from MSDN.