Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Contacts (2000)

A user wants to be able to add to their contacts someone who is already stored in the global company contacts. When they add the contact it name checks and displays the users first and last name as listed in the global directory. The user however wants the email address as typed in contacts, in other words, they don't want it to check the name. Any thoughts? I turned off name checking in tools, options, - no luck.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Contacts (2000)

If I understand the problem, the user can change the order of the address lists so Contacts are suggested before the GAL; this is done (under 2003 menus) by opening the address book and selecting Tools | Options | Show this Address list first, and then, in the same dialog, in the "When sending mail check names using these address lists in the following order" box, setting the order of address lists so that Contacts are at the top of the list.

Post back to this if this doesn't help.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Contacts (2000)

I did try that and it doesn't appear to work. I have what I call a "workaround". I remembered seeing in 2002 emails that look like 'testperson@aol.com' When I had the user add the person with the ' it saved the way they wanted, and the ' seem to have no impact on the address. Thanks so much for your suggestion!!