3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

More form field questions (XP 2002)

I am still working on the form. I have been able to add bookmarks to reference the fields. The accounting department would now like to have a calculating field to find out meal allowances. This would come from two fields, one with beginning date and time and the other ending date and time. I need to calculate the hours and then the users would have to input the rate based on other criteria. Any suggestions?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: More form field questions (XP 2002)

Hi Melanie:
    Take a look at Star <post#=249902>post 249902</post#>

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

(Edited by HansV to correct post number and provide link to post - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

Thanks Phil - I read through the entire post and looked at the zipped file. I am still confused as to how to put this in the form field. I followed John (Rebel) suggestions <post#=371510>post 371510</post#> to bookmark the table and then enter this calculation
    =sum(Table2 f1, sum(Table3 b1, Table3 b2, Table3 b3, Table3 b4, Table4 b2, Table5 b1, Table6 b1, Table7 b1, Table7 d1, Table7 b2)). This worked great. But how to I do this for the date/time?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Melanie:
    I haven't tried this, but it looks to me that if you look on page 11 of macropod's document, there is a section on "Add Or Subtract Two Time Periods". You then need two formfields for the start & end date & time. When you use a text formfield, you can double click it to get the properties box. There you can change the "type" to "Date" & the "Text format" to one of the pre-determined date & time formats. You can also change the bookmark names to Time1 & Time2, respectively. Make sure that you check the box "Calculate on Exit". Lastly, after you paste macropod's field into the spot where you want the calculation to appear, you must show the field codes (Alt+F11) & delete the two fields

{SET Time1 23:45:00}
    {SET Time2 12:34:56}

Edited to add
    Near the beginning of the Dates document, macropod gives instructions on how to change the fields if your date format is American (M/d/yy) as opposed to European (d/M/yy).
    Hope this helps,