Thread: Spybot Updates

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Spybot Updates

Not sure if this is the right forum, why hasn't Spybot had any updates the last couple of weeks? Or, is there another program (that's free) and equally effective? Thanks...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Spybot Updates

The maker of Spybot has been hard at work on a new version - see the thread starting at <post#=363345>post 363345</post#> for an extensive discussion. Version 1.3 has just been released - see <post#=371905>post 371905</post#>.

Also see KenK's star<post#=296439>post 296439</post#> for other utilities to protect your system.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Like Hans replied, the new Spybot S&D 1.3 has been released and it includes the latest detection files. Also, a new beta "Includes" file has been released since the release of 1.3. IF you have that option checked in the Settings/settings/web update section, it will show up when you check for new updates.

Jeff
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for this information, Jeff. I hadn't realized that they release Beta includes. I've been checking for updates ever since I installed version 1.3 & it always showed no newer updates.