Star Lounger
    Thanks

Clipboook viewer (XP Pro SP1)

The help file says that you can save the Clipboard contents to the Clipbook, by choosing 'Local Clipboard' on the Window menu. My Window menu does not show a Local Clipbook, and It seems that this particular aspect of XP is universally broken. So, does anyone here have it working as documented? There's zilch on MSKB

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clipboook viewer (XP Pro SP1)

Your Window menu doesn't show "Local Clipboard" option because you didn't connect to Clipbook on another computer or Clipbook server.

To connect to Clipbook on another computer, open your ClipBook Viewer (Start | Run, type
    clipbrd.exe
    and hit Enter); on the File menu, click Connect; in the Computer box, type the name of the computer that has the ClipBook you want to connect to, or select a name in the Select Computer list.
    The ClipBook on the remote computer opens in ClipBook Viewer on your computer and the shared ClipBook pages are available to work with.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure. The 'Connect' and 'Share' items are greyed out. But then that's possibly because there are only two PCs on this netwrok and the other one runs W98. But one would have thought that a Local Clipbook, would be - well - local.
    Later. Just tried this with a virtual XP Home machine runnning on the XP Pro host. All network places present and correct but still no 'Connect' or 'Share'.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

You are correct - I have these options greyed out on XP machines also. More, I found no solution for this problem.

See, for example,

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/bo...ssage.id=113059
    "So, all the obvious indicators show the program as running correctly, yet it is missing critical functionality and emits no error messages, at least not that I have been able to find."

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1070561209
    "I'm using Windows XP home, but the same problem was reported with Windows XP Pro. I'm beginning to think the clipbook never works."

And so on...