3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access crosstab qry question (Access 97)

Hello,

I have a report that uses a crosstab to provide me with totals. The report currently prints everybody. My manager wants to be able to extract onlt certain departments by using a form with drop-down options to select the departments. I have done this in the past with other queries and have had NO problems. I know that things work a little differently with crosstabs but I think it should work.

Please provide any information soon. I am working against the clock on this one!!!

Thanks,
    Deborah

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access crosstab qry question (Access 97)

It should work with crosstab queries too. If you run into problems, you may have to specify the form parameters explicitly:
    - In the design view of the query, select Query | Parameters...
    - Under Parameter, enter the form parameter, like this: [Forms]![frmSelect]![cboDropdown] - of course you must use the actual names for the form and combo box.
    - Under Data Type, select the data type of the bound column of the combo box.
    - Repeat for each form parameter.
    - Click OK.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

How to I specify what field to connect it to? I need 2 parameters to match company, cost center and type of training.

Deborah

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Add the fields you want to filter on to the query design grid. In the Total row, select Where. Enter the reference to a combo box on the form in the Criteria row, as follows (with the correct names substituted):

[Forms]![frmSelect]![cboSomething]

(It seems to me that company, cost center and type of training are 3 parameters, not 2)