2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Search and replace in hyperlinks, word97

I want to do a search and replace in several hyperlinks in my document. I want to change a small part of the path of the hyperlink since I modified the directory structure where the files are stored in.

I tried toggling codes on with Alt+f9 (and with Tools/Options/View/Field Codes). Performed Search and replace, but that did not change the actual addresses of the hyperlinks, although it changed the text I see in the screen.

I dont want to do this by hand, it's got tobe an easier (and more intelligent) way to do this! Please HELP!
    Guillermo

BAM

Re: Search and replace in hyperlinks, word97

Hi gchutrau,

If it changed the text on the screen, then that would lead me to believe the field codes weren't actually turned on when you Replaced All.

If you toggle the field codes using <Alt F9>, the hyperlink field code would look something like:
    {HYPERLINK <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com>http://www.wopr.com</A> }

Have you tried this more than once?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Search and replace in hyperlinks, word97

The codes where turned on...

As I was writing this reply , I went back to word, and noticed that rigth-clicking the hyperlink has an option for toggling codes and... an "Update Field" option. I tried that , and surprise!!!! the hyperlink was updated with the new paths.

I think , then , that my problem was that I hadn't updated the fields

Thank you anyway, your reply sparked the solution.

Guillermo
    Guillermo