New Lounger
    Thanks

Copy data to other workbook (Excel2000/VB6)

Subject edited by HansV to make it more descriptive than just 'Excel'.

Novis in VB needs help!
    Within an excel spreadsheet, I need a code to undertake the following task.
    From Wookbook A, I want to filter on a particular column (non blanks). From the list greated, I then want to copy and paste specific data (Eg from differently headed columns) into a new Workbook ([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]. I need to be able to run this macro as and when required, but subsequent paste's into Wookbook B needs to be on the next unused row.
    Alternatively, when a date is entered on a particular col in Wookbook A, a code that would automatically transfer selected data to Wookbook B without the neeed for a macro button.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy data to other workbook (Excel2000/VB6)

Can you upload a workbook that shows what you want to do. Macros can't work on non-specific information like "a particular column," the macro needs to know the specific column or some rule that will identify the column. We would also need to know other information, like what workbook you want to copy to and where to find it, or if you want an open file dialog box to navigate to the file, or will the file always be open. What sheet in the workbook do you want copy to and what column in that sheet.
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy data to other workbook (Excel2000/VB6)

Thanks for your promt response. Having a bit of a re-think at the moment as to the implications of removing data from the entry workbook.
    Will get back to you when head clears!!!