3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Frontpage 2003 killing shared borders (Frontpage 2003)

Ok, does any one have an idea what is happening here. I used to use Frontpage 2000, I reinstalled my system the first of May. Frontpage was missing, after a couple of days searching I decided to go ahead and buy 2003. Now if I open my home page the shared borders are gone. Navigating down through the site about 1/4 of them are just gone AND I cannot get them back. take a look, I posted the site http://www.theweeklygeek.com I hvae tried several times and always get the same. Is there a configuration that needs to be set? Why some pages and not others?
    You can go to http://www.theweeklygeek.com/Articles.htm and see almost how it should look, the "Head" is not right anymore but at least there.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Frontpage 2003 killing shared borders (Frontpage 2003)

By the way, across the Link bars it says "Add this page to the Navigation view to add hyper links here".
    HOWEVER
    If you go to the navigation view the page is shown and if you go to the links view it shows the arrows (links) pointing toward it from the other pages.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If you view the code in FP the following does not show up. But in comparing the two pages through "View source" and note pad the following Java script information is missing, now 1.) why does FP03 strip FP00 data and 2.) how do I get it back in there?

<script language="JavaScript"></script>[img]_derived/the_book.htm_cmp_zero010_vbtn.gif[/img]

This is just a small sampling, and If I cut it from notepad and place it in FP03 then go to view it strips it away.

Thanks

FYI, if you insert comment tags into a Lounge post, it will be lost when you click Post.

My guess is that there is some difference between the theme you're using as it existed in earlier version of FrontPage and FP 2003. I don't use themes, so I really don't know if this is easy to fix, or whether you'd be better off applying a different theme and re-inserting the information.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I was trying to let you see the actual script text that was missing not a link or mouseover, is that what you were refering to?
    Also I think I figured out the issue. The "themes" did not make a difference. BUT instead of opening the web site in FP03 (which is when the errors occured) I just tried "importing" the site and guess what, it is working fine now. I did not see a Microsoft knowledge base article about not being able to directly open a web site made in FP00 with FP03 but there it is. Go ahead and check it out.
    Thanks for your idea, it directly led to this diagnosis.

Thanks

I'm glad you found a fix. My comment on the comment tags was generated by this code you posted:

<script language="JavaScript"></script>

In your pages, the script within the tags is surrounded by comment tags. The Lounge software hides everything in the comment tags, leaving the script empty.