Lounger
    Thanks

Section breaks - Word 2000

I have a 150+ page document with many section breaks in it. The original document would have likely been created in Word 95, with work done on it in Word 97 and now in Word 2000. I'm having problems with phantom section breaks. I'll insert an "odd page" or "next page" section break, and a short while later it has become something different, either "even" or "continuous". I searched and found reference to a patch for Word 97 that apparently fixed a similar, if not the same problem. Any knowledge of the equivalent for Word 2000 - as apparently the problem still exsits - or it's just my document which quite possibly has major corruption as well.

Help!

kelliel

Re: Section breaks - Word 2000

You have already done about all that you can .... from a patch standpoint. This is a known problem with Word 97; however, it was supposed to be fixed with Word 2000.

If it was me?

I would create a new document, copy and paste each section without the section break, insert a new section break, and then copy/paste the next section. Also, do not select the last paragraph mark of the "from" document.

Hopefully, creating a new document with new section breaks will solve the problem.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

You know I had a similar problem. Have you looked at Page Setup on the Layout tab? Click on one of the offending section breaks and go to Page Setup | Layout and see what it says under "Section Start". Ensure that they are set to what you intend it to do.

Ruth

JustCallMeAl

That is correct. You can do that, which is what I considered for some time. However, MS has an update that fixes it slicker than slick.