2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Connecting at 10 mps

I am running a dell 4600 with its onboard NIC. It is connecting directly into a cable modem but hooks in at only 10 mps instead of 100 mps. I have uninstalled and reistalled the driver from the device manager. What might be causing this?
    I will be going to the Dell site for answers but I have always had good luck here. and Faster.

Thanks

Re: Connecting at 10 mps

It would not surprise me if the cable modem maxed out at 10 Mbps, so the card is auto-configuring to that speed. Don't worry, your Internet connection probably maxes out at 1.5 Mbps.

On the other hand, if your entire home network runs off the cable modem, you might be disappointed by the PC-to-PC speed. More if you are doing a lot of music and video stuff than if you are doing normal file and print stuff.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

To connect a 100Mb home network to a cable modem that only does 10Mb you should buy a 10/100 auto sensing switch (<A target="_blank" HREF="http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopSearch.asp?CategoryID=126&ShopGroupID=4&Alt=Ye s">less than

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Y'all,

It appears to obtain suitable Internet speeds and will be attached to a router in a new location. All seems well.

Until next time,
    Gaddy