New Lounger
    Thanks

No Dialup Modem Option (WinXP Home)

I have recently ghosted a hard drive to a system with all new hardware. All settings programs etc are working well... except when connecting to the internet (via wizard) there is NO option for dialup modem, the only option that is available is for broadband???? Has anyone seen this before or better yet found a solution? I would like to try to avoid a format. All advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    B

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: No Dialup Modem Option (WinXP Home)

There are a few things that would help clear the understanding up. Was the modem part of the image you used? And does it appear in the Windows Device Manager? If it is not installed in Windows, you will not get an option in Internet Explorer to use it.
    -Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Mark, yep the modem was part of the image and does appear as working correctly in device manager. The option for dialup is greyed out when setting up an internet connection. I have just completed a repair on XP which appears to have NOT installed SPK1! After install SPK1 all options are now active and I have connected to the net NP~ (one happy aussie Bratt)

Cheers
    B

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Good stuff, glad it's fixed!
    -Mark