New Lounger
    Thanks

Outline View font unseen (XP)

With some design templates with light backgrounds and light text, even after I change the text font color, I can not see ANY text on the outline view tab. Company assigned templates, so I can not change to another design template.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Outline View font unseen (XP)

Does increasing the color depth in your Display Settings help? Another possibility is that your desktop settings have been changed so that certain text is invisible - try saving your current settings and then revert to the Windows default.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outline View font unseen (XP)

I can think of two reasons for this --

1. The only text which shows in the outline is text included in a placeholder. That means that if you used manual textboxes for your text instead of the boxes where it says "click to add <whatever>", you will not see the text in the outline.

2. You need to toggle the Show Formatting icon. It has two As on it--a small one in the upper left, a large one on the lower right.

But you know, I just tested #2 with white text on a white background, and it doesn't make a difference. Text in a placeholder still shows in the outline regardless of the color of the text. So I think the problem is related to how you input the text. Are you using a Title Only or a Blank Slide layout? If so, that's the cause.