New Lounger
    Thanks

Inline INSERT From Textbox Limited to 512 Char (Access 2002/SP2)

This problem baffles me. All I am trying to do is execute an inline INSERT statement from a command button to update a local Access table. The problem is that only up to 512 characters are written to the table. We need to be able to insert more than 3000 characters into the table. The field date type is Memo. Here is the inline INSERT statement within the VBA beneath the form:

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO [tblISStatus_Temp] (STATUS_PROJECT_ID, STATUS_PROJECT_NAME, STATUS_USER_UPDATE, STATUS_DATE_COMPLETED, STATUS_PERCENT_COMPLETE, STATUS_ASSIGNED_PRIORITY, STATUS_PUBLIC_DESC, STATUS_DATE) VALUES ([REQUEST_ID].Value, [txtUpdateProjectName].Value, '" & gstrUserName & "', [txtUpdateDateCompleted].Value, [txtUpdatePercentComplete].Value, [txtUpdateAssignedPriority].Value, [PUBLIC_STATUS].Value, Now())"

The problematic field here in tblISStatus_Temp is STATUS_PUBLIC_DESC. Another strange occurrence is that when I insert text greater than 512 characters, random characters are displayed starting from position 513. Here is an example:
    YouYouYouYouYouɇ

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inline INSERT From Textbox Limited to 512 Char (Access 2002/SP2)

THANKS CHARLOTTE ! ! ! That was it.

Tom-G (working with Allen)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Try concatenating the values into a SQL string and then executing the SQL. I'm assuming that the referenced values represent controls on the form, right? SQL knows nothing about Access forms, so you either have to concatenate the value or use the full form reference.

Dim strSQL as String

strSQL = "INSERT INTO [tblISStatus_Temp] (STATUS_PROJECT_ID, STATUS_PROJECT_NAME, STATUS_USER_UPDATE, " _
    & "STATUS_DATE_COMPLETED, STATUS_PERCENT_COMPLETE, STATUS_ASSIGNED_PRIORITY, " _
    & "STATUS_PUBLIC_DESC, STATUS_DATE) VALUES (" & Me.[REQUEST_ID & ", " & Me.[txtUpdateProjectName _
    & ", '" & gstrUserName & "', " & Me.[txtUpdateDateCompleted] & ", " & Me.[txtUpdatePercentComplete] & ", " _
    & Me.[txtUpdateAssignedPriority] & ", " & Me.[PUBLIC_STATUS] & ", #" & Now() & "#)"

DoCmd.RunSQL strSQL
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Charlotte! I implemented your code and it works as expected. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge here.

Allen