New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Patch (XP/835732)

I downloaded and installed this patch, but Microsoft keeps sending it again and again for me to install and will not let me cancel, I keep pushing it out to notify me again in 3 days. HELP

Thanks

Re: Windows Patch (XP/835732)

How is Microsoft "sending" you this patch? If you are referring to Windows Update, what happens if you simply allow it to install?
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Try downloading the patch from this link http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms04-011.mspx. Then uninstall your version. Install using the downloaded version. You'll probably have to re-boot at the end. See what happens with WU.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

They send it to me as an automatic Windows Update. It downloads and says it is installed, but a few days later it shows up again from Microsoft as a new download to be installed.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ok Joe I did what you said, but after I downloaded and installed new one I only have one in my program files. Do you think the new one replaced the old one? Or do you think because I had the old one, maybe it did not install after all? Thanks for your help. Royce

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

If you uninstalled the version you had then you've got the recently downloaded one installed. If you are referring to the Windows update information in C:Program FilesWindows Updateiuhist.xml you can not depend on that if you installed a fix manually. You may be able to tell by looking at the 'Date Modified' on the
    C:WINDOWS$NtUninstallKB835732$ folder. You can go to Windows Update yourself and have it do a scan to see if it comes up with anything.

Joe
    Joe