3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Explorer Drive-mappings (Windows XP)

Hi. I have a bet with my girlfriend (who works on the Help Desk) that there is indeed a patch or utility that allows/allowed me to change the way the drive-mappings are displayed in the folder pane of Windows Explorer. (I hope I'm using the right terminology; I learned this stuff on the streets!)

My issue is that the drive-letter appears, by default, at the end of the drive/share name. When I need to pick a file from another network share, I can't even see the drive letter. (And when I'm choosing from 20-odd network shares, that's a real hassle.) On my old system (before the hard drive crashed), I KNOW i had the drive letter displayed at the beginning of the name. I also know that I could edit each one manually, but that's no fun.

So, does anyone know of such a utility? I thought it may have been TweakUI, but if it was, I can't find that option. (And not that I mind losing a bet to my girlfriend, but I love teaching the Help Desk a thing or two!)

Thanks!
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Explorer Drive-mappings (Windows XP)

See TweakUI, in my version 2.10 for SP1 and Server 2003, > My Computer > Drive Letters.
    So I think you are on to the solution.

Regards,

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Explorer Drive-mappings (Windows XP)

Most excellent. Thanks! (In the process of rebuilding my hard-drive, I downloaded and installed version 2.0, which lacked that setting.)
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike