Lounger
    Thanks

Ctrl + V in Envelope Dialog (2000, SP3)

Has anyone else experienced the problem pasting into the envelope dialog - only to learn that Ctrl + V doesn't work?
    Many of our users copy addresses from various sources. They click the envelope icon and paste into appropriate spot.... to this point, there's been no problem.
    One user reported this new issue yesterday - and I can recreate on my machine. We're both using Windows XP, SP1.

With the envelope dialog box open, right click the Delivery Address box FIRST - Paste is an option on the shortcut menu.
    If you then try to use Ctrl + V, no response.... try to right click again - and nothing.

MSKB didn't return anything on my search.

Ideas? Your help would be most appreciated!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ctrl + V in Envelope Dialog (2000, SP3)

You might try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post> to see if you can pinpoint the culprit.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ctrl + V in Envelope Dialog (2000, SP3)

Another thing you might check is that after you press Ctrl+V & nothing happens, go into the body of the document or into Notepad & try to paste. In other words, this will tell you if something is clearing your clipboard. Maybe you have a clipboard extender or other application that is running that clears the clipboard. For example, when Excel loads, it clears the clipboard.