2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

number format (2000)

Hi, I have a form with a couple of text boxes whose number format is playing up. I have the field property in the table set to number, field size double, format general number, and decimal places 2. The text boxes on the form have format of general number and decimal places 2. Yet I am able to enter (in both the table and the form) number with 10 decimal places or more! And the format of the data displayed on the form isn't always 2 decimal places - in the case of a number with no decimal places, will show as "35" rather than "35.00", which is what I am wanting to enforce.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Regards, Roger

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: number format (2000)

Set the Format property to Fixed.

A number format only determines the way the numbers are displayed. It has no bearing on how many decimals you can enter, nor on how many decimals are stored in the table. If you set number format to Fixed with 2 decimals, you can enter 1.23456789. This will be displayed as 1.23, but it will still be stored as 1.23456789.

If you want to limit the number of decimals the user can enter, you can set an Input Mask, but in general, I wouldn't bother.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: number format (2000)

Excellent, thank you very much Hans, this is exactly the info I needed.

Regards Roger