Thread: Recycler Folder

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Recycler Folder

I have a suspected virus located in a folder named "Recycler" and Norton tells me to remove it manually. When I open explorer and view all files, there is no recycler folder to be found. Is there a way to find and delete the necessary files?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recycler Folder

If you select: Tools > Folder options > View tab and then uncheck "Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended)" you can view the Recycler folder on different drives.

On the other hand, I can not see why an AV program can not remove the virus/or delete the files if they are not in use. But I haven't seen a case with infected files in Recycle bin. Maybe Norton's Protected Recycle Bin, doesn't allow the AV to get there?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wwll, I got to the the recycler folder as you instructed and it was norton protected or some such. I was able to purge 3 files and everything seems ok. Any ideas for popup protection now? How about stopzilla?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

You should be able to remove those file by emptying your trash. If you right click on the trash can icon on your desktop, the pop up menu should contain an Empty Recycle Bin command. If you also have Norton Protected Files running, there should be a command there to empty the Norton Protected Files folder.
    Legare Coleman

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If you take a look in the Other Browsers & Email Clients forum, you'll see alternatives to IE that block popups. You can also look in Software Finds & Wants.
    Cheers,

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Apparently XP Service Pack 2 (WHEN it comes out) will have a version of IE which stops popups. Try the Google Toolbar version (probably mentioned in other posts?)

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...